The Chinese tech giant from outset has wanted to be part of Google's Android even on their new flagship Mate 30 series. Due to the ban placed on Huawei by U.S commerce department, it has indeed limit the tech company from making use of U.S product.

While the Chinese tech giant were hoping for the ban placed on them will be lifted, the latest information does not seem to be very good news for Huawei. According to Reuters, Huawei is facing the launch of the Mate 30 without the Android operating system.

Based on the report, Google spokesman said Huawei Mate 30 could not be licensed to use Android apps and services or Google apps because of a U.S. ban. The 90 day postponement does not apply to new products, which Mate 30 belongs to this list.

Earlier this month, Huawei CEO Richard Yu said that the Mate 30 did not receive a certificate to use Google Play Services. They are considering using HarmonyOS as their alternative if the ban is not lifted.

Huawei still plans to launch the Mate 30 series on September 18, but the launch date could be delayed just as they did with the Honor 20 Pro.

It's also possible that Huawei could use another version of the Android open source operating system, but without license access with Google, Huawei wouldn't be able to use any of the company's official Google apps - which means without Gmail, YouTube, Drive etcetera.

Obviously, losing extremely popular applications and Google services will be a pain to Huawei. Powerful hardware is great, but ultimately, the most important are the applications we use the most. Losing important services such as Google Maps, Play Store will be a major barrier which can prevents users from using Huawei products.
Axact

AndroBliz

Welcome to AndroBliz, the apprise in technology. While we serve you with daily pizza in terms of updates, do hook up with us on our social media platforms below.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: